10 Tips for Great Laser Tattoo Removal
Do you have a tattoo, which you decided to have in your 20s and you no longer like it because it does not reflect your character anymore? Well, the question is; is tattoo removal easy?
“Today laser tattoo removal makes does make it very easy to fade out or eliminate most tattoos; however, not all” said Wayne Black of D-Inked tattoo removal Newtown. “In the past, tattoos were surgically cut off, sanded or peeled away with chemicals”.
In the 80s, Q-Switched laser emerged, which offered better results in tattoo removal. Laser uses tiny pulses of high powered energy to remove or fade out most colours with very little or no risk to the skin damage. The bad news is that it requires a series of laser treatments of 6 weeks apart. This can also be used as an acne scarring treatment benefit.
Before you go ahead to book a removal consultation, it is advisable to read the 10 tips below to help you understand the whole process.
1. NOTE: Not all tattoos will disappear and for this reason, it is very important to speak with the laser removal experts first before setting your expectation. Some tattoo colours inks fade only partially after the treatment. Colours such as white, yellow, green and light blue inks are the hardest to remove.
2. Did you know that the older the tattoo, the more easy it is to remove them? For this reason, how old is your tattoo? At the same time, if the laser treatment encounters skin change, you may be left with something which looks like a “ghost” of the old tattoo. The good thing is that this occurs rarely.
3. The location of the tattoo does matter. So where is your tattoo located? Did you know that fading is generally very slow for tattoos located further down the leg or arm?
4. The person who gave you that tattoo does play a big role. In other words, did you have your tattoo at home or an amateur did the work? Well, the good news is that these kinds of tattoos are easy to remove compared to that from a professional.
5. Different laser used on different tattoo colours. There is no single laser that can remove all the tattoo colours. Well, different colour inks respond differently to laser wavelength.
6. The skin may change. Did you know that the application of the tattoo could scar or even change the skin texture? This is an effect that is often hidden by the ink. Well, if laser is used to remove the tattoo and there was damage, you may be left with what looks like a ghostly figure of the removed tattoo.
7. Did you know that tattoo laser removal may darken or lighten the skin pigments temporary? Well, the good news is that, its effects could be reduced by using a sunscreen lotion. At the same time for the same reason, ensure that you have waited for your tan to fade before having a tattoo removed. The lighter the skin is the better results you will receive. This tip applies before and after treatment.
8. Some cosmetic tattoos, such as pink, white and flesh-coloured lips, which could darken immediately after the treatment. The reason behind this is that many cosmetic tattoo inks contain oxide as an ingredient. The effects could be corrected through future treatments.
9. It is very important to tell your laser therapist if you experienced any allergic reactions caused by getting a tattoo. These allergies may involve swelling, itching or any other allergic reaction. Using a laser to remove your tattoos may trigger the same reactions.
10. Anytime you have decided to get your tattoos removed, make sure that you have deceased from smoking. Smoking does slow down the ink removal process.