The Margarita, one of the world’s most popular drinks, has its very own dedicated holiday: National Margarita Day, which this year is today, February 22nd. Pay tribute to this very special occasion with two distinct cocktail recipes.
La Puebla Margarita
La Puebla Margarita is made with Tequila Don Julio and garnished with vanilla infused sea salt. More than just decorative, the sea salt serves as a balance between the tartness of the cocktail and its sweetness. Created by Los Angeles mixologist Jason Bran, this grapefruit and raspberry infused margarita uses Tequila Don Julio Reposado, adding signature hints of dark chocolate, vanilla, and cinnamon.
1 1/2 oz Tequila Don Julio Reposado
1 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
3/4 oz Raspberry Agave Syrup*
Vanilla infused Maldon Sea Salt**
Top with Soda Water
Grapefruit Peel for Garnish
*To Prepare Raspberry Agave Syrup
Combine 16 oz filtered water, 16 oz agave and 16 oz fresh organic raspberries in a pot and heat on low until desired flavor is reached (about 30 minutes). Strain through a fine strainer and allow to cool.
**To Prepare Vanilla infused Maldon Sea Salt
Mix 2 vanilla beans with 8.5 oz Maldon Sea Salt in an airtight container and let sit in a cool dry place for a minimum of three days.
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Reposado, fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice and raspberry agave syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain contents into a rocks glass over ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a pinch of vanilla infused Maldon sea salt and a grapefruit peel.
Ideal Serving Glass:
If you’re a Margarita purist, it wouldn’t be a celebration without a more traditional recipe. Try Tequila Don Julio Signature Margarita, with its delicious complexity and depth of flavors.
Tequila Don Julio Signature Margarita
1 1/2 ounces Tequila Don Julio Blanco
1 ounce Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
3/4 ounce Agave Nectar Syrup
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh lime juice and agave nectar syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake Vigorously.
- Pour contents into rocks glass.
- Squeeze fresh lime into drink.
- Optional: Garnish with salt.
Ideal Serving Glass:
I hope that you enjoy these cocktail recipes and that you celebrate National Margarita Day with friends and loved ones. Cheers! 😉