Have you been feeling tired, drained or always in a bad mood? These symptoms many times come from the way we eat on a regular, daily basis and by not taking care of our body and mind. A healthy lifestyle is not only about having a diet that includes the right amount of nutrients and protein, but it is also about balancing work, life, fitness and meditation, and other holistic solutions that center our lives. Now, what are you waiting for? Dreams in Heels rounds up the 12 tips to give you a push to start living a healthier lifestyle.
- Don’t Count Calories! It is not about counting but eating the right calories. The right calories help you lose weight.
- Meditate each morning. Sometimes we just need to close our eyes and start the day with good intentions.
- Even if you only read a page a day, uplifting quotes in the morning can help to center your mind and focus on what’s important, your well-being.
- Breathe! Breathing is one of the most important parts of any lifestyle. If you learn how to breathe properly, it helps with oxygen intake, blood circulation, balance, focus and even as a fitness method to shape your body faster.
- Understand the benefits of cardio. Cardio is very important for our bodies. At least a few times a week, it is good to go for a walk, jogging, running or simply do it in the comfort of your home.
- If you are not a gym person, why not try yoga, pilates or a bootcamp? Yoga and Pilates are great body work outs, and also help you to better understand your body and find balance in your life. A good boot camp can guide you and motivate you towards a new improved lifestyle.
- Consistency is better than intensity. No matter what happens, try to keep up the routine even if you fail sometimes — as we all do – never give up!
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water every day. If you are not a water person, add fruits to the water; this infuses it with great flavor and gives it a better taste.
- Challenge yourself! Track your results and continue to run harder, lift more, and eat better. Reward yourself for achievements. Maybe a glass of wine can be a reward for you, a trip, or once in a while, eat your favorite dessert.
- If it’s not enjoyable – find another exercise and/or food. There are too many options for you not to live what you eat – make it unique (add small steak or some tuna to that salad)…be creative!
- Find accountability partners. Sometimes we just need a little bit extra support and motivation.
- Don’t get discouraged. Sometimes we don’t see results right away, but the most important part is to take it one step at a time. Each body is different. Consistency will yield results!
Now that you have read all these amazing tips, start creating a program that moves you towards a healthier lifestyle.
If you feel that you cannot do this alone, join a boot camp, like Taste Bud Boot Camp. The Taste Bud Boot Camp helps you to create a healthier lifestyle within in 10 days! Sometimes we just need a push towards our goals. For more information about Taste Bud Boot Camp go to: awellrunlife.com