Life is too short, and we want to make the most out of it, right? Don’t we all have a life goals list or a life bucket list?! One of the most rewarding things that we can do before we leave this planet (things to do before you die) is to actually experience it as much as we can and one excellent way of doing it is by traveling. Hence, here are some amazing places that you can discover and experience while you’re still alive and kicking:
Table of Contents (skip directly to the info you're looking for)
- 1 Things to do Before You Die – Amazing Experiences to have on your life goals list!
Things to do Before You Die – Amazing Experiences to have on your life goals list!
Ride on a Hot Air Balloon in Savannah, Kenya
Riding on a hot air balloon could also be a once in a lifetime experience. It would be quite amazing to experience the perfect serenity using this mode of transport while you are watching over the hippos enjoying in their muddy river bath and curious monkeys looking up at the balloon’s passage over the tree branches. For that one wild-life experience, this could be such an amazing and unforgettable memory to look back on. Discover more amazing things to do in Kenya here.
Recommended: Hot Air Ballooning in Cappadocia, Turkey!
Watch the Northern Lights in Norway
The aurora borealis looks like the lights are dancing across the night sky with color palettes of green, pink, and violet, the idea of seeing the northern lights while on holiday is attracting millions of tourists from around the globe. There are only a few spots in the world that have this phenomenon, so you have to check this out.
Tourists say that the best place to get the best view of the aurora borealis is in northern Norway where there is a wide variety of activities, tours, cruises, restaurants, and hotels. Additionally, the best time to witness this wonderful view is between late September to late March, and from early afternoon to early dawn, just as when the sky is already dark. Norway is the perfect destination for travelers looking to stay active while on vacation as there are so many activities to get involved with.
Wander Around the Fabled Site of Petra
You could also witness the classical architectural designs in Petra, Jordan. Walking around the rock-carved Nabataean City has welcomed travelers with its fancy ornamented facades.
The most enchanting tourist spot lies at the end of Siq, a dramatically natural ravine which serves as the entrance. From here, you will get out from the uniquely eroded cliffs to the famous facade of Petra’s Treasury that slowly appears before you. Stunning and breathtaking, this place is certainly a spot that you should include in your bucket list.
Explore the Kerala Backwaters
We might also want to experience a peaceful vacation sailing on the Kerala backwaters using one of their famous houseboats. You can also visit the many local spots around the area and spend a day meditating and just enjoying the view and the fresh air. The place is excellent for walks, boat rides, picnics, and solemn walks.
Feel the Connection Between Man and Nature in the Banaue Rice Terraces
Another amazing experience is to feel the wonderful connection between man and nature in the Banaue Rice Terraces. The Ifugao natives worked hard to shape up the contours of the mountains to enrich rice paddies, using gravity force to build natural water irrigation. Truly a sight to behold, these terraces are definitely a must-see.
Reading on this life goals list (life bucket list), you would realize that there are still a lot more magical places that you could visit and experience, things to do before you die. So, while we’re still here, start checking out these places before it’s too late!
Traveling Anywhere Soon?
Everything you need to know before you go: Essential Travel Items to pack and more.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to buy travel insurance whenever you travel since it is essential! I am a fan of World Nomads for short-term trips. Best to protect yourself from any possible injury, sickness and theft abroad.
- Photos are critical for capturing moments, documenting memories and can make the most precious gifts! And since you’ll probably be snapping tons of them during your getaway, I would suggest getting a good quality mirrorless camera. It is not heavy to carry around, takes amazing pictures and, because it’s wifi enabled, I can send the photos straight to my mobile phone. The one that I personally use is: Sony Alpha 6000 Mirrorless Camera. The portraits lens that comes with the camera is amazing but, since I take so many photos for work, I also bought an additional lens – the 18-105mm.
- I also recommend an action camera like the Go Pro Hero 6. Good for adventure travel, action shots, water sports shots and more.
- Weather can be unpredictable in almost every destination.This is why I always carry with me a small, lightweight umbrella and a raincoat.
- I always keep a big scarf in my bag, since it is helpful when it gets cooler in the evening, and it’s also a great accessory for my outfits, as a cover up especially when you need to go inside a spiritual or religious place. You never know! One of my favorite is an infinity scarf by Waypoint Goods, which has a secret Hidden Zipper pocket. You can hide money, your passport and any other valuables.
- I love to have a few sets of small earrings, because sometimes they tend to get lost.
- I always bring extra hair ties, pins and clips, in case the weather gets crazy, I can always pick up my hair.
- I prefer cross body travel bags. They are convenient, easy to access, transition well from day to night, as well as keeping you better protected from theft. I really like this one from Bagallini or this one from Lo and Sons.
- Waterproof boots – These are good regardless the weather.
- Comfortable walking sandals – For days with good weather.
- Earbuds – Perfect for listening to music during different stages of the trip.
- If you are a girl who loves make-up like myself, I totally recommend the Urban Decay Born to Run palette. It is what I always carry with me during my travels.
- For those of us who love answering emails, working or reading on the go: I cannot travel without my Amazon Fire Tablet HD 8. I have so many books on it from my kindle unlimited and it really keeps me entertained while on the go. Plus, it’s convenient for me to answer some emails and get some work done.